Keeping your email list clean and up to date is critical for bulk email users. XipMail offers an email list cleaning service that will clean, validate and verify your existing email address database. Email list hygiene is important because it identifies and purges bad, invalid, undeliverable, seed, honeypot, duplicate and BOT email data. Maximize delivery, avoid being black listed or being labeled a “spammer” by ISP’s and black list owners. Reduce your overall marketing costs associated with your email marketing efforts due to bounce and invalid emails.
ISP’s use bounces as a first indicator of spam emailing. The XIPMail email list cleaning service will get your list past the critical bounce benchmark. When you send large quantities of email to a particular ISP, they measure the number of bounces from the total pool of emails. They will blacklist your domain if you exceed their threshold of delivery failures based on bounces. ISP’s know you are mass-emailing their server and they will leave the burden up to you to prove that you were not. Additionally, they will report you as a spammer and blacklist your domain in a heartbeat.
This is the front line of defense. Email List Cleaning will remove invalid emails, duplicate emails, malformed emails and return valid and invalid emails. Our service will even identify and split your lists into domestic and international emails.
Our Email List Cleaning & Validation Procedure
There are 8 steps we use when cleaning and validating email addresses during Email List Cleaning.
- Duplicate Email: We remove duplicates, improperly formatted email addresses and syntax errors. (Duplicate removal is not provided when ‘Matching Service’ is ordered)
- Role Accounts: Removal of “Role Account” emails, such as: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc.
- Keyword Scrub: We remove words like spam, junk, abuse, etc. from the list of emails.
- Bounce File Compare: We’re continuously updating a list of 100+ million hard bounces and we remove these emails from the list when we run a compare. This includes emails which have sent a challenge response or requested removal.
- Complainers File: We compare our complainers file to the list of emails and remove any matches. We also remove emails if they are a member of Spamcop.
- Domains | Spam Traps: We compare and remove any spam seed, BOT, honeypot, black list or bogus emails and domains from the list of email address domains. The list we own and maintain is about 156,000+ domains.
- Throwaway, disposable email addresses: We remove all temporary, junk collector email addresses. These email addresses are usually implemented for a one time use to sign up or to bypass providing a valid, primary email address.
- Validate emails: Our proprietary verification software system validates each email address in your database to see if it is an address that can accept email. This is done through multiple servers with enhanced white listings in place with all major ISP’s. We connect to the email addresses mail server, as part of our validation process, but NEVER send an email to the recipient.
How Good is Your Email List Cleaning?
There are many unknown variables that can play a role in email list cleaning and validation. Typically the accuracy of our service is approximately 98%. Once we have completed your order, we will provide you with a report showing all of the details of your email list cleaning and validation.